Sunday, October 19, 2008

Man on the Moon

Neil Armstrong - First Man on the Moon
In 1969, Neil Armstrong became the first man to walk on the moon. He said “That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.” I wasn’t even born at that time but it’s a classic story where we learn to keep trying for our dreams – truly an inspiration to the human spirit.

The past few weeks have been trying. Literally, the giant steps I used to take were turned into baby steps – and it seems that I have a long way to go. Hey, no one said it was going to be easy. When the inner demon comes out to play with my mind, I get lost – I begin to over think and then get confused.

It’s amazing how many emotions one gets to experience in the span of an hour. It’s exhausting. I’m praying and hoping though that it doesn’t last too long. Meantime, I’ll focus on being thankful that I’m EVEN taking baby steps. Can’t wait for that giant leap!

1 comment:

boomski said...

sometimes those giant leaps never show themselves to us visibly, tangibly so i guess all we can do is keep on trying taking those small steps. stop trying to look for the aha moments because without us knowing, those moments may already in our midst. its probably easier said than done right? But we keep on trying, hoping, dreaming, praying. We have to go through the sucky parts to life to really know the good ones and hold on to these once we realize what we have. youll be just fine. i know it...